My name is Matt Murley. I don’t play hockey in the NHL (in case you decide to Google me). I’m an entrepreneur and owner of Modern Marketing.
I was born in Corner Brook, NL but raised on the internet. Dabbling in computer programming and website development in the past, my true passion is the written word and the English language instead of programming languages.
Writing content has always been a big part of my life, either as a hobby and/or job in some capacity. I’ve written for the local newspaper, my own personal blogs, CornerBrooker.com, and guest posts on a variety of other blogs.
I am also the Communications Director for the local Special Olympics team.
I consider myself a nerd. Not by the stereotypical definition, but by the technical one:
A foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.
Yes, that’s me in a nutshell.
(in no particular order)
- The Game by Neil Strauss
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- 16GB Moto X (2014)
- MacBook Pro (2012)
- Canon Rebel T3
- Breaking Bad
- Modern Family
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- #AskGaryVee by Gary Vaynerchuk